Once you find your dream home, we need to make sure you get to move into it.
The 10 MUST NOT’S once you’re in escrow on your home.
Oh my goodness, over the years we’ve seen so many buyers make these crucial mistakes after they’ve gone into contract on their dream home.
Jessica Kuang with Bay Area Connect. Feel free to reach out to me or one of our team members if you’d like us to go into more detail on any of these 408-840-3852.
Once you go into contract don’t do any of the following.
- Don’t change jobs, become self employed or quit your job.
- Don’t buy a new car, van or truck or you may end up living in it.
- Don’t use any charge cards or let your accounts fall behind.
- Don’t spend any money you have set aside for closing.
- Don’t omit any debt or liabilities from your loan application.
- Don’t buy any furniture even if the payment is deferred until after closing.
- Don’t allow any additional inquiries on your credit except for insurance purposes.
- Don’t make any large deposits or take out any large deposits without first checking with your lender or your agent
- Don’t change bank accounts.
- Don’t co-sign on a loan for anyone no matter what and be sure to tell your lender if you already are a co-signer for anyone, that debt goes against you
I hope this helps, we want to make sure that you understand how to keep your home and actually close once we help you find it.
Give us a call and we’ll be sure to give you more information about how to stay safe and assure we can close on your home once you’ve gotten your offer accepted.