Saw an article in the New York Times the other day on what type of updates you may possibly make to your rental.
As we all know rental properties are not in the most beautiful shape and you may want to customize it to fit you and your lifestyle.
These are a couple of bullet points from the article on things to do prior to making changes and some good ideas! Attached are some links for decorating ideas.
- Check your lease and with your landlord to see what is permitted
- Most leases only allow superficial improvements
- Expect to restore the apartment to its original condition before you move out or risk losing your security deposit
- Lighting is a place to invest because good lighting can transform the feel of any space
- Install floating shelves or modular shelving
- Replace the hardware in the kitchen
- Make a removable backsplash